Not sure what questions to ask your insurance agent? We’ll help you have a frank conversation.
When you’re looking for new coverage or reviewing what you currently have, there are a few things you should always know:
- What is my deductible? If I ever need to file an insurance claim, how much will I have to pay out of pocket?
- What is my premium? How much will it cost to be insured, and what payment options are offered?
- What happens if I get into a car accident? How long will it take an adjuster to inspect the damage? How many estimates will I need? Do you work with a network of repair shops? Will you provide me with a rental car?
- Does my homeowners insurance policy offer enough protection? Do I have enough coverage, given the value of my home and all that’s inside of it? (To confirm this, take your home inventory list). Do I need extra insurance based on the region in which I live? If something happens, can I choose any contractor to repair the damage, or are there contractors you prefer? Does my policy include hotel expenses if my home is temporarily unlivable?
- Is it time for me to consider life insurance? Term life? Whole life? Or not just yet?
- Do I have enough liability coverage? The minimum amount is required in every U.S. state, but do I need more?
- Do I need an umbrella policy? Do I need protection above and beyond what my current policies offer?
- Am I eligible for any discounts? Is there a multi-policy discount I may be eligible for? Can I take driver’s safety courses for a lower premium? Does my alma mater offer an alumni discount?
Ready to get started? Find an agent near you and set up a meeting over coffee, not the cloud.