We’re committed to helping our neighbors.
In Frankenmuth, Michigan, neighbors have always pitched in to help each other. From the area’s beginnings in the mid-1800s to the vibrant tourist destination of today, community members have remained committed to helping one another achieve success. Our company grew out of this spirit more than 150 years ago. Early settlers banded together to face the toughest trial of the time—fire—and pledged to help each other in times of need by creating an association that eventually evolved into today’s Frankenmuth Insurance.
From those early days through today, Frankenmuth Insurance and our employees have continued to give back to the communities in which we live and work. So, it is only natural that the Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation was created to build upon that legacy and ensure its future. The Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation is a not-for-profit organization. Whether we’re providing scholarships that ensure a brighter future for students, contributing to charities that provide crucial support to those in need or helping our educational institutions prepare individuals for careers in our industry, our tradition of neighbor helping neighbor lives on.
To continuously fulfill our goal of making a positive difference, the Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation offers support in the following areas:
Organizations building better communities in the areas where our employees, agents and policyholders live and work.
Grants that help students with the costs of attending accredited colleges or universities.
Initiatives that attract and prepare students for careers in the insurance industry, or otherwise support educational initiatives in communities that Frankenmuth Insurance serves.
The foundation accepts grant requests throughout the year. If you are interested in applying, please review the information below to see if your request meets our funding guidelines.
What the Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation supports
Our charitable, scholarship and educational programs are thoughtfully designed to support:
- Building better communities
- Basic human needs, such as affordable housing and food
- Disease research, preventive solutions and overall wellness education
- Music, theater and the arts
- Endowed scholarship funds at accredited colleges or universities with curriculums related to the insurance industry
- Insurance and risk management courses at accredited colleges and universities
- Scholarship, education or learning in the field of insurance and/or risk management, or for other careers in the insurance industry, such as accounting, information technology and marketing
What the Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation does not support
The Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation does not contribute to:
- Individuals or families
- Political action groups or political candidates for public office
- Projects normally financed by governments
- Amateur or professional sporting groups
- Trips, tours or transportation
- Conferences, forums or special events
- Foundations that are primarily grant-making agencies
- Discriminatory or potentially controversial organizations or activities
- Organizations engaged in supporting educational or charitable causes which are named after or affiliated in any way with other insurance carriers or their past or present leaders
- Operational costs for charitable organizations (This restriction doesn’t apply to educational organizations)
Apply for assistance from the Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation
All applications for educational or charitable funding will be reviewed and approved by the Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation committee.
Scholarship applications are accepted annually in the spring through the Frankenmuth Community Foundation. All year, donations are accepted to the scholarship fund to support students planning to enter the insurance industry. Visit Frankenmuth Community Foundation to learn more about scholarships and donations.
To be considered for a grant, the submitting organization must use the Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation application form. The submission should include:
- Grant application, including:
- Proof of exemption from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) or classified as other than a private foundation under Code 509(a) or
- Verification the organization falls under governmental units described in Code 170(c)(1), provided that the grant is exclusively for public services
- Budget and other financial statements
The Frankenmuth Insurance Foundation committee is responsible for reviewing all requests and determining the amount and distribution of all grants.
Applications are evaluated based on the following:
- Extent to which the submitted program aligns with our focus areas
- Clear and measurable program objectives and outcomes
- Fiscal responsibility of the organization and program
- Amount and availability of support from other funding sources
- Fully completed grant application
If your organization receives a grant, you may be asked to provide a follow-up report with information, such as:
- Final program budget
- Participation information
- Significant outcomes and measures of success
- Opportunities for improvement
- Photos, if applicable
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.
The following are examples of organizations we have supported:
- United Way
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- City of Frankenmuth
- City Rescue Mission of Saginaw
- Colleges and Universities:
- Central Michigan University (College of Medicine)
- Delta College
- Ferris State University
- Mott Community College
- Northwood University
- Olivet College
- Saginaw Valley State University
- East Side Soup Kitchen
- Frankenmuth Historical Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
- Michigan Colleges Alliance
- Michigan Heroes Museum
- Michigan Insurance Hall of Fame
- Saginaw Future
- The Insurance Institutes
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Toys for Tots
- Travis Mills Foundation