You have a passion for collector cars. We have a passion for insuring them.
Your collector cars are more than just a mode of transportation. They are treasures you’ve been tinkering with for years. Some of these cars are pieces of history representing a remarkable journey through time. At Frankenmuth Insurance, we’ve been insuring collector cars just like yours since 1921.
We cover the following types of collector cars:
- Antique cars: Vehicles at least 25 years old and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades and limited pleasure driving.
- Classic cars: Vehicles less than 25 years old and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades and limited pleasure driving.
- Street rods: Vehicles modified from original manufactured stock and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades and limited pleasure driving.
Similar to a standard auto insurance policy, our Collector Car insurance offers coverage against:
- Vehicle damage
- Property damage
- Accidental loss of spare parts and/or accessories (up to $500)
- Medical expenses and funeral expenses
- Work loss benefits (MI only)
- Accidental injury to others and accidental death
- Defense and court costs for covered claims
- 24/7 emergency roadside assistance and towing coverage (available for purchase)
In the event of a total loss to your Collector Car, we will pay the amount that you and your agent have agreed to be the vehicle’s value shown on your declaration prior to the loss.
Our auto insurance is available in Michigan and Ohio. Coverage is available in Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire through our subsidiary, Patriot Insurance.