You have a passion for vintage cars. We have a passion for insuring them.
Your Collector Car is more than just a mode of transportation. It’s a treasure you’ve been tinkering with for years. It’s a piece of history. It’s a remarkable journey through time. And at Frankenmuth Insurance, we’ve been insuring cars just like yours since 1921, long before they were considered Collectors.
We cover the following types of Collector Cars:
- Antique vehicles: Those at least 25 years old and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades and limited pleasure driving.
- Classic vehicles: Those less than 25 years old and used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades and limited pleasure driving.
- Street rod/Custom vehicles: Those that have been mechanically modified or had the appearance changed from the original stock vehicle and are used primarily for car club activities, shows, parades and limited pleasure driving.
Similar to the personal auto policy, our Collector Car insurance offers coverages against:
- Vehicle damage
- Property damage
- Accidental loss of spare parts and/or accessories (up to $500)
- Medical expenses and funeral expenses
- Work loss benefits (MI only)
- Accidental injury to others and accidental death
- Defense and court costs for covered claims
- 24/7 emergency roadside assistance and towing coverage (available for purchase)
*In the event of a total loss to your Collector Car, we will pay the amount that you and your agent have agreed to be the vehicle’s value shown on your declaration prior to the loss.
If you’re looking for auto insurance for your Collector Car, contact one of our local, independent agents today.